Thursday 17 April 2014

Spring, Rhubarb, Cocktails and Cambridge


Spring is finally here and this youngish woman's thoughts inevitably turn to rhubarb. Rhubarb vodka is where my vodka infusion adventures began and it's still one of my favourites.


It really couldn't be easier. Chop your rhubarb into small pieces, place in a Kilner jar, add enough sugar to coat the rhubarb and leave to sit overnight.


When you come down the next morning you should have the most beautiful pink liquid coming off the rhubarb.


Simply top up with vodka, gin or rum and leave to infuse for a week or two. Strain out the rhubarb and bottle.

If you listen in to Flavour on Cambridge 105 this weekend you'll hear me talking about my beloved rhubarb vodka and I also have a recipe for a simple cocktail using it. You can also find lots of ideas for cocktails to use your rhubarb vodka in the rhubarb section of my old blog here. I'm going to be giving a talk at this year's Eat Cambridge festival on the 17th May in the Corn Exchange - there are sure to be some rhubarb vodka samples there.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Your talk will be at the Corn Exchange this year :-) really looking forward to it! H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! You think I would have remembered that.... Have changed it. I'm really looking forward to all of Eat Cambridge - I've already booked a few things - very exciting!

      Delete